Fulfilling your prescription ... for life!
Send us an email at doctor.nello@gmail.com.
An album to remember.
Please submit by 04/25/1985 on triple-sided Alligator Imitation Paper.

Drummy Tummy

Nurse Chris:

My father is a somewhat musical fellow, often whistling, humming and clapping. He also likes to play his stomach like a drum, which bothers me. Like mayonnaise, I don't think abdomens should be used as instruments. What are your thoughts?

-- Son of a Stomach Slapper

Dear Child of a Gut Drum:

In many ancient cultures stomach slapping is a sign of seniority and let's others know "Hey, I'm the boss around here, I pay the bills, so stay back and let me watch my shows." I think it's quite possible that your father has adapted this technique as a way of gaining respect from others. Unfortunately it may have the opposite effect on people. To deal with it, whenever he starts drumming away, start clapping to the beat. If there are enough of you, you could start a band. If that doesn't work, I suggest counseling to help you deal with the noise.

-- N Chabizzle
| | Thursday, January 24, 2008
|


3 comments:

Mother Mary Nello said...

This was a laugh out loud for me because I am married to a man who plays the instrument. I am always mortified when he does this around others because I believe it draws undue attention to his mid section which has grown most uncommonly large. Your advice was most welcome, and could bring some much needed levity to the situation.

Anonymous said...

W#ill the drumming Dad recognize himself? Will he laugh as much as we did?

Anonymous said...

Did you hear the one about the large nosed man who was always playing the tuba? It's was worse, don't ask.