Fulfilling your prescription ... for life!
Send us an email at doctor.nello@gmail.com.
An album to remember.
Please submit by 04/25/1985 on triple-sided Alligator Imitation Paper.

Doctor's Defense

Dear Doctor and Nurse:

Okay, so you help us with our problems, right? What about you two? I mean, come on, you guys must have problems of your own; nobody's perfect. How can you give advice to people if your own judgment is blurred (not just by your drinking problems)? "Remove the plank from your own eye before taking the splinter from your brother's."

-- "Ri"

Dear Ri:

I find it funny you accuse me of criticizing others before removing my own plank. For your information, I have removed my own plank. I removed so many planks I was able to build my house with the lumber. And I have a mansion! As for my brother's eye, I have no intention of removing those splinters ... I put them there myself.

I will admit, though, that I am not perfect.
As you mentioned, I have a drinking problem. Right now I am drinking diet root beer. Diet! Can you believe it? And I'm not repulsed! This is a problem and I don't know what to do.

My personal problems do not prevent me from giving advice to others, though. While you quote the Bible, here's an adage that trumps yours: "Physician, heal thyself." What this means is that physicians are allowed to heal. As I am a doctor (physician), Aesop is giving me permission to give advice to (heal) others with my own powers.

Lastly, I do not believe my judgment is blurred because I wear special unblurring glasses.

-- Dr. N
| | Thursday, February 08, 2007
|


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure the devil can quote Scripture for his own ends. Nevertheless, where can we buy those glasses.

Justine said...

The picture of that man is really disturbing. I think he will be in my nightmares.