Fulfilling your prescription ... for life!
Send us an email at doctor.nello@gmail.com.
An album to remember.
Please submit by 04/25/1985 on triple-sided Alligator Imitation Paper.

Mother's Plight, Fight with TUDES

Yo yo:

I'm not sure who can help me more, the doctor or his sweet nurse.
I suspect I'm not alone; I am the mother of a large family. I have 10 or more children. You know how after eight you don't know how many there are anymore and you can't think of new names and name them all Dave or Buck Buck McMoon face or whatever ...

Anyway, I started homeschooling my children after I realized that once normal children attend high school they become unrecognizable as being your dear offspring or even homosapiens. This seemed to help and keep them somewhat respectable and cooperative throughout their teens - UNTIL - they went away to college, intermingled with real humans and then came home on breaks.

The problem is that they have huge TUDES, and think that they can make the rules, sleep late and puterize non stop. I gave them the "you're not a guest, but a participating member of the family" pep talk and it worked for a while. Except for homeschooling them for life and arranging marriages with persons I find suitable, what's a mother to do?


-- Frustrated Mother of Many

Dear Frustrated:

Don't worry, you are not alone and there is help available. Millions of Americans suffer the unfortunate consequences of "TUDES." The real problem is that your children do not feel appreciated and therefore turn their sorrows into TUDE (Temper, Un-cooperativeness, Disrespect, Egocentricity). The only way to correct this behavior is to show your children how much you really appreciate them by giving them what they want. Items such as Playstation 3's are clinically proven to help eliminate TUDE. Also, your children probably are overwhelmed with senseless chores, such as cleaning their rooms (after all, it's their room, if they are happy with it then leave them be). Try cutting back on this. My third suggestion is that you and your husband seek counseling. I'm sure that you will find your children to be like olive plants if you follow my advice.

-- Nurse Chris
| | Sunday, January 07, 2007
|


0 comments: