Fulfilling your prescription ... for life!
Send us an email at doctor.nello@gmail.com.
An album to remember.
Please submit by 04/25/1985 on triple-sided Alligator Imitation Paper.

S.W.E.A.T.Y.

Please forgive our short break from the Dr. Nello blog! The good doctor is preparing his Phi Kappa Phi nomination acceptance speech and Nurse Chris is temporarily Wet Nurse Chris for his new nephew. We hope to be able to resume our near-daily postings shortly; please keep those emails coming!

Dr. Nello:

My friend was answering a questionnaire and he had to list the emotions he felt when he received money. He said he felt sweaty. I was wondering is sweaty an emotion?

-- Perspiring While Inquiring

Dear Perspiring:

Did you ever see the 2003 remake of the movie Italian Job? You'll remember that "fine" is actually a carefully organized code standing for "Freaked out, Insecure, Nervous and Endangered species" (F.I.N.E.). Similarly, S.W.E.A.T.Y. means "Supple, Winterfresh, Energetic, Avaricious, Timid and Young." Your friend is actually saying that he is experiencing a number of emotions with this one word.

First he feels supple, or strong, with his newfound wealth, and even winterfresh. This leads to excitement and he is now energetic. Money, though, can cause him to become greedy and avaricious, and the realization of this makes him timid. Finally, he feels young as money reminds him of his youthful days of allowances, Christmas presents, and stealing from his parents' change jars.

So to answer your question, sweaty is not an emotion, it is many emotions. Hope this leaves you D.U.M.B. (Determined, Understanding, Merry and Beautiful)!

-- Dr. N
| | Thursday, February 01, 2007
|


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to know that the doctor is in again. I have had so many questions to ask, but since you have be on hiatus, I have turned to drink and Justine's blogsite. This has been difficult as one gives me a hangover and the other brainfreeze. While both of these conditions are ok, I'm afraid I now find that every time I drink too much I read blogs and even sober I'm reading Justine's on a daily basis. Is there any help for me? Do I have bloggeritis or something? Must I leave my computer at the curb on garbage day? Pretty soon my puter time will rival that of my no good sons. Help!